The Linchpin of Your Brand
Your logo is the face and visual identity of your company, organization, business, or entity. Your logo should accurately and effectively capture your entity's level of professionalism, credibility, attitude, and spirit through its shapes, colors, fonts, and imagery, because in a split-second it is sending a specific message to everyone who sees it.
Why would a business not pay very close attention to the design of their company logo knowing
that it is created to do all of these things? Your brand begins with your logo. Please take it seriously.
Consider these critical points:
• A logo is the very first impression people get of your company.
• A logo needs longevity.
• A logo needs to be original.
• A logo should look professional.
• A logo should reflect the time and thought gone in to designing it.
• A logo is the starting point of your whole corporate brand image.
When you look at a logo, you should ask these questions:
• Is it memorable?
• Is it effective without color?
• Is it scalable?
• Does it command its own space?
• Does it gain immediate recognition?
• Does it convey the company’s personality, character or attitude?
• Does it relate to the business by conveying a feeling of familiarity and credibility?
• Does it convey a feeling of quality and satisfaction?
The new Terry logo is already in use! Local businesses and community members have embraced the logo’s elegant design and the message conveyed by Evelyn Cameron’s silhouette. We are also excited to move forward with the distribution of the gorgeous rack card you put together for us as we begin to expand our marketing and branding efforts. We sincerely believe it will appeal to a wide variety of visitors and aid Terry in further defining its niche in the tourism market. Another simple thank you just isn’t enough to express our gratitude.
Elizabeth Smith, Assistant
Eastern Plains Economic Development Corporation